For children aged 3-5 with special needs who need the best possible start to their learning.
Building on the established holistic model of integrated, multi-disciplinary support, Hannah’s School is able to offer (from autumn 2016) provision for 3-5 year old children who have special needs.
Every child deserves the best possible start to their life and their learning.
Hannah’s Starfish nursery class will support children in reaching their potential using the Early Years Foundation Stage to help to develop and acknowledge:
- each unique child
- positive relationships for each child and family
- opportunities for learning within a fully enabled environment and access to a broad range of resources including sensory rooms, soft play areas, adapted sensory curriculum and outdoor play
- their learning at different rates and in different ways.
The nursery class can offer half or full day sessions.
Teachers, support assistants, nurses and therapists are all experienced within the field and we offer a bespoke package for each child.
The team can assess and support:
- communication and language development
- physical development
- personal, social and
- literacy development
- understanding of the world
- expressive and sensory arts and design.
Teaching and learning is core to the sessions and speech and language therapy is built into each child’s time in the nursery class.
- Occupational Therapy.
- Rebound Therapy.
- Music Therapy.
- Nursing .
All are available on a basis of assessed need.
The class is based in Starfish Classroom with a separate room for rest and care as well as access to all the sensory resources on offer at Hannah’s.