Who are we?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ it refers to The Dame Hannah Rogers Trust 2019 Limited (also known as Hannahs).
Our legal information is:
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust 2019 Limited is a registered charity with number 1194836 and a company registered in England and Wales with number 11878746 whose registered office is at Dame Hannahs, Woodland Road, Ivybridge, Devon, PL21 9HQ.
You can write to us on the address above, or email us on email@example.com or telephone us at 01752 892461.
How we collect personal information about you
You may contact us and leave personal information with us directly or indirectly.
- Making a donation
- Signing up to one of our events
- Requesting one of our newsletters
- Asking for information, such as further details about volunteering with us
- To apply for a job vacancy
- Registering for gift aid through our shops
You may complete a form on our website, or you may give us your details via a phone call, email or on a paper form.
You may complete an online application for a job vacancy: Any personal data held as part of an application for a vacancy with us will be retained until after the closing deadline for the position applied for. After which time those details are permanently removed from our online system if no longer relevant or required. As part of the online application process you can permanently remove your application and any associated information at anytime. An offline record of your application may be retained for internal use only.
- Giving your details and permission to share your details through a third party such as Just Giving or Virgin Giving.
- Signing up to our lottery administered by our third party provider, Unity
- Purchasing a raffle ticket via our online third party provider, Zaffo
- Payroll Giving through Charitable Giving or Giveall.
When you sign up for this type of fundraising service, you should ensure you are happy with the organisation’s Privacy Policies. If you state that you are fundraising for Dame Hannah Rogers Trust, then your details will most likely be passed to us to allow us to administer your fundraising activity and your details will be added to our supporter database, Raisers Edge.
We also collect information from the individuals and families that we provide care for. This is discussed in detail with individuals and / or families during their first points of contact with us.
We will only ever collect the information that we need. We may collect personal information such as:
- Postal address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth (where appropriate)
Information about your interests and hobbies etc.
- Your bank or credit card details (which will be destroyed and not retained once payment has been processed)
Where it is appropriate we may also ask for:
- Information relating to your health (for example if you are taking part in a high risk event)
- Why you have decided to donate to us. We will never make this question mandatory, and only want to know the answer if you are comfortable telling us.
- Information relating to an application for a vacancy with us. This information will be quite extensive, but only used in relation to the vacancy applied for.
What we do with your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil your requests – such as applications for donations, competition entries, participation in events and campaigns, and provision of information.
- Process applications for vacancies with us
- Process sales transactions, donations, or other payments and verify the financial transactions
- Thank you for your support
- Comply with charity law and other regulations
- Identify visitors and contributors
- Handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- Record any contact we have with you
- Provide tailored stewardship of our donors
- Communicate with our supporters and customers
- Carry out research and analysis on the demographics, interests, behaviour, responses and feedback of our users and supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them and enable us to improve our service and to target our resources effectively
Who we share your data with and why
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust 2019 Limited (Dame Hannahs) promises never to sell or share your data with any third party for marketing purposes.
We may use your data to make some automated decisions on what information to send to you. If you have told us you only wish to hear about certain aspects of our work and activities, we will automatically deselect you from hearing about the aspects you have not selected.
When we use third party organisations to carry out business operations on our behalf, such as a mailing house (for example printing, packaging and mailing our twice yearly Hannahtime magazine and raffle) we will implement a contract with the company that requires them to:
- Abide by the requirements of the GDPR and successive legislation
- Treat your information as carefully as we would
- Only use the information for the purposes for which it was supplied
We may use data screening companies to check our records are up to date and accurate. These companies may use information from public records as well as checking against opt out services such as the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) and Fundraising Preference Service (FPS).
We may also need to disclose your details if required to by the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors.
Storing your information
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust 2019 Limited (Dame Hannahs) is committed to ensuring the security of your information. The information that we collect from you is stored on our databases (fundraising, shops, and bookings databases). The majority of our databases hold information within the European Economic Area however some of our suppliers run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Dame Hannah Rogers Trust 2019 Limited (Dame Hannahs) will retain the information that you provide to us for as long as it is needed to administer the relationship we have with you and for the purposes for which it was originally intended. All data held is protected using up to date industry standard procedures to keep it safe and secure and to prevent loss or unauthorised access. In some cases, we will need to retain your details to meet legal requirements, such as the records we are required by law to keep regarding Gift Aid. When we do not require your information any more, it will be disposed of securely.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You can read more about these rights here:
You can find out more information about your rights by visiting the information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk